- Community and Economic Development
- Business Development
- Workforce Development and Training
- District Information and Resources
- Partner Organizations
Community and Economic Development
The White River Planning and Development District’s Community and Economic Development staff work with a wide variety of funding sources to help cities and counties provide essential public services, work with business and industry to provide local job opportunities, and work to provide a better quality of life for the citizens of this area.
Professional services include project assessment, financial consulting, funding assistance through grant writing and loan packaging, grant administration, and technical assistance to local government, business and industry.
WRPDD has a proven track record in community and economic development in the District’s ten-county service area. The project areas listed below represent some of WRPDD’s professional experience in successful project planning, funding, implementation, and technical assistance:
- Facility Planning and Financing
- Infrastructure Developement
- Business and Industry Development
- City, County and Rural Funding
- Outdoor Recreation Development
- Economic Development Strategy
WRPDD works with state and federal funding agencies, including those listed below. For more information about these agencies and their programs, contact WRPDD at (870) 793-5233 or learn about these programs through the web site links provided.
- The Arkansas Economic Development Commission
- Arkansas Department of Rural Services
- Department of Arkansas Heritage
- Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism
- Arkansas Natural Resources Commission
- Arkansas Department of Emergency Management
- Federal Emergency Management Administration
- U.S.D.A. Rural Development
- U. S. Department of Commerce
- U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
For more information or consultation about a potential project, Contact Us or call (870) 793-5233 and ask to speak with member of our Community and Economic Development staff.